Between Canada Day and 4th of July, it’s been a great holiday week! Here are a few of our favourites:
- We all scream for bacon and basil and cactus pear ice cream (Gastropost.com) Where to find tantalizing frozen treats in Toronto.
- Get a little walnutty! (Living in the Kitchen with Puppies) Natashya gets a little nutty, reminding us of the nutritional value of walnuts, and shares a few recipes.
- Fourth of July Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (NutritiousEats.com) Melanie makes these little numbers look irresistable. But I’ll bet they’d look just as good on a Canadian flag plate. Just sayin’.
- Giveaway: Toxin-Free Colourful Fingers + Toes (Making Love in the Kitchen) Meghan points pretty fingers at the dirty culprits in common nail polish, and hosts a giveaway for Keeki’s Pure and Simple polishes.
- Cooking Club Challenge: June’s Tasty Results (FoodNetwork.ca) Matt Dunigan’s Beef and Lamb Sliders? Om nom nom. Congrats to challenge winner, Chef Darryl J!